Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Sketchbook Project: #1



Check it out, the very first sketch to hit the pages of my Moleskine! I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out. As I’m working on these, I have to remind myself, that they are; a) sketches and b) they need to be done QUICK! I have a hundred pages to fill and not a whole lot of time to do it in. By Dec.1st I have to have this book filled-up and shipped back to Art House, so that it can start its tour across the US. I have such a tendency to get sucked into the itty-bitty details of each drawing, so this is certainly going to be an exercise in speed and restraint.

Overall, it’s an exciting challenge and I’m happy to participate in such a great project! If you missed my earlier post about Art House and The Sketchbook Project, be sure to read it here. Also, be sure to check out the the Art House website if you’re interested in joining, or participating in any of their future Projects! Stay tuned…many more sketches to come!

2 comments:

Barry Menard said...

This project is such a great idea. Love the first sketch!

Emily said...

Thanks Barry! You should definitely check out their other projects, I think you would find them inspiring. You should participate!