Monday, September 14, 2009

The Sketchbook Project: Library


I’m super excited to announce that my sketchbook from Art House has arrived!! A little over a month ago, thanks to my wonderfully talented friend Gillian, I learned about Art House and decided to participate in one of their fantastic projects, The Sketchbook Project: Library.

Started two years ago, Art House creates massive, nationwide art projects that tie hundreds of artists together with the goal of bringing art to the masses. The purpose of The Sketchbook Project is to create a giant collection of sketchbooks from around the globe and make it accessible to everyone. Once I’ve filled up my sketchbook with lovely little tid-bits, it will join thousands of other books made by artists from all over the world. Starting in April, they will be exhibited at select galleries across the US before finding a permanent home in the Art House Library. Visitors to the galleries and the Library will receive library cards that will allow them to view the books alphabetically by artist, location, etc.

Overall it’s a fun and exciting opportunity to share my work with hundreds of people that might not otherwise see it. And the best part is – each sketchbook has a theme…but, of course, I’m not going to tell you what mine is. Not yet. So, check back frequently to see photos of my sketchbook as I fill it. Perhaps by the time I’m finished, you’ll figure out what the theme is!

No comments: