Monday, January 25, 2010

New Pattern: Birch


Happy Monday folks, I've got a new pattern design to share with you today! I know it's been a while...but I think it was worth the wait. The pattern is called "Birch" and it's based on a sketch I did a while back...in case you can't recall the sketch, you can see it here. If at first, it doesn't look similar, it's because I cropped this and that, made a few changes here and there and flipped the original sketch to make a vertical pattern.

Overall, I think the pattern came out great. In the beginning, I tried several colorways that were more complex; consisting of more than four colors in total. But in the end, I opted for a simple combination of three colors. Above, I've shown three different colorways in addition to the original black and white, all of which are rather muted and soothing. I could totally see these applied to bed linens, as they appear rather serene and peaceful. Hope you like! More posts, pattens and product to come soon, so stay tuned!

No comments: