Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Visual Diary: Printsource 2009

I’m happy to report that a little over a week ago I was fortunate enough to attend Printsource. Thanks to my day job, I was whisked away to NYC for two full days of color and trend information overload. My coworker Karen, God bless her soul, organized everything. All I had to do was show up! Lucky me.

Images via Printsource
Overall, the brief, but enlightening trip was a whirlwind of fun and forecasting. We perused the show, sat-in on more than ten seminars, and somehow found the time to stuff our faces with fine food and drink. The seminars provided an overview of spring and summer trends for 2010 and 2011 including creative design direction for color, prints and patterns as they apply to apparel, retail and home décor. Some of my favorite presenters included Mark Woodman from Global Color Research, Lauren Deatherage from Cotton Inc. and Paul Pelssers from Paul Pelssers Ltd.

Images via Public
By the end of our first day walking the show we were ready for some tasty eats and treats. Thankfully, Karen knows good food and knows it well! To my delight, she called in a reservation at PUBLIC; a charming public library turned restaurant with card catalogs and all! We dined on such pleasures as cured wild boar, roasted beet carpaccio, roast lamb sirloin and pan seared sea trout, all of which was topped off with a 20-Year Churchill Tawny Port! A-maz-ing!

After dinner, it was time for bed! For the one night that we stayed in NYC, we shacked up at the New Yorker Hotel. Located in the heart of midtown Manhattan, the New Yorker Hotel showcases one of the largest Art Deco buildings in New York City. When the property first opened, it was the largest hotel in Manhattan with 2,500 rooms and was considered the epitome of luxury and first-class service. Today, the essence of that classic period is still present in the hotel’s architectural accents and embellishments. For me, staying at the New Yorker Hotel was a true pleasure; a visual playground of sorts, that I didn’t really want to leave.

Nonetheless, homeward bound we were by Tuesday evening. Made it back to Providence safe and by Wednesday morning, I was back at work reporting on all the goodness I encountered. If you would like to learn more about Printsource be sure to check out the Trend Blog. It's a great resource for all things print-related. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That fish looks sooooooo yummy!

Karen said...

Thanks for the nods Em :-) You know I'm happy to plan any excursion and be the tour guide as well. Although short, it was a great trip.