Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Sketchbook Project: #4


Another day, another post…and another sketch to hit the pages of my Moleskine! I have to admit, this past weekend was a creative struggle; I had a hard time getting started in the studio. In fact, for this sketch, I had to begin with a quick spray of sumi ink to jump-start the creative brain. And although the drawing is quite different from any of the other sketches in the book, it definitely echoes some of my earlier works that I did in 2006 and 2007. I think it most resembles “Bridgescape Birds” shown below…


I particularly like the texture that the sumi ink brings to my drawings; it creates a sense of depth that I think compliments the line-work well. Overall, I’m excited about the new sketch. I think that it will develop nicely into a new pattern…something I will certainly explore in the future! So, stay tuned to see the metamorphosis! Until then, if you’re interested in seeing more of my earlier drawings, be sure to take a peek at my online gallery…have fun and enjoy!

No comments: