Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Visual Diary: NYC to PVD



Been going through some of my old files lately trying to clean up and unload my laptop a bit and I came across this video I shot back in 2006! It was taken on the train during one of my many trips between NYC and PVD.

Although it lacks everything that is “professional,” visually I just love this video. I believe I used the “Silent Film” setting, which shoots in black and white, speeds up the frames and removes all of the sound. Oddly enough, it’s a great setting for parties, but here it gives modern day NY an old time/vintage feel. If it weren’t for some of the obviously modern structures, graffiti, and cars, one could easily imagine this was shot mid 20th century. Don’t you agree? Either way, I think it’s a great source of visual stimulation, and I wanted to share it. So, enjoy! More lovely eye candy to come soon…

No comments: