Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Soft Pack @ The Middle East, Boston MA



If someone asked me today, at this very moment, who my favorite band is, I would say with complete confidence, “The Soft Pack” or rather, “The Muslims.” When I first heard this band, it was on something like, MySpace and they were, “The Muslims” and I liked them A LOT! Unlike some people, their name didn’t bother me, since it’s a band, not a corporation, and I guess, I’m educated and not a racist (refer to NME article). Certainly, I’m not an expert when it comes to music either, nor the history of, but I can tell you this, I just love the deadpan vocals of Matt Lamkin, Brian Hill’s leg-shaking, arm-waving drums, Mr. McLoughlin’s gutty guitar and the easy-going delivery of bass guitarist Dave Lantzman!

So…why am I sharing all of this with you? BECAUSE…I am going to see, The Soft Pack this Saturday, at The Middle East in Boston!! I cannot express adequately how excited I am, I can only hope to capture my exuberance on film, or rather, in pixels…and post about it after. My camera is broken, but hopefully I will make due, and get something up here that is visible. So stay tuned for more to come on The Muslims, I mean, The Soft Pack…whatever…

3 comments:

Adoniram said...

The link doesn't seem to work... :\

Emily said...

Which link...I might have been updating when you tried to click on it...try again, it should work. Let me know if not!

Karen said...

I'm excited too... although now knowing that you will be "documenting" happenings at the show Saturday I have to give greater consideration to my wardrobe selection for that evening :-)