Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Sketchbook Project: #2


Lo and behold, I’ve done it folks; I’ve finally added another drawing to the sketchbook! Man, am I moving at a snail’s pace with this project! It’s a good thing Art House extended the deadline to January 4th.…it’s as if they answered my prayers, yey!

Pretty happy with the way this sketch came out. As you can probably tell, I’m literally drawing one page at a time, since I don’t like drawing across two page spreads. I’m very fussy about line quality and any little break, or unintentional swirvature bugs me. So, I was thinking that between each sketch, on the above/opposite page I might paste in print-outs of my pattern designs, from the Cosmos Creative Collection, as I create them. However I’m not entirely sold on this concept yet, since I rather like the white space and the minimal feel of the book as it’s coming along. Either way, I’ll be sure to keep you posted…ha! that was an unintentional pun, tehehe. So, stay tuned and stay inspired, more sketches, patterns and Cosmos news to come!