Thursday, October 22, 2009

New Pattern: Flourish

Hey there ladies and gents, I’m happy to present to you, the newest pattern to enter the Cosmos Creative Collection; it’s called Flourish! Hope you like it. I spent a significant amount of time on this one, moving bits around and such. There was just something that I didn’t like about the original drawing, so I tweaked it and molded it into the fine specimen that it now is. Overall, I’m pretty content with how it looks, it has somewhat of a vintage wallpaper feel, that I am particularly liking in the red/tan and the green/blue color ways (click image to see larger).

It’s funny how all of the different color ways, that I have developed for each new pattern, seem to look very similar on screen. I assure you though, they are quite different. It must be the difference between RGB and CMYK and screen vs. print that creates this illusion…just a theory. Either way, I can totally envision the red and tan combo as holiday wrapping paper and the green and blue combo as a beautiful textile, perfect for home décor. Oh la la…manufacturers everywhere, take note and stay tuned! Lovely more patterns to come!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This pattern makes me think, "Hard candy!"

Emily said...

I think that's a better title than Flourish...I did have a hard time naming this pattern! In the future, I'll be sure to consult with you first before I title any of my patterns...you can officially consider yourself "Title Consultant" :}