Thursday, July 8, 2010

From the Sketch Book #071910


Hello and happy almost Friday friends! I've got a newbie from the sketch book for you today. At first I wasn't sure I was going to post this one, since I'm not actually that happy with it, but then I realized...I haven't posted anything in weeks, eek! So, here you have it.

Overall, I think the sketch is ok; it's not bad, but it's not good either. I think it looks rather flat and one dimensional and almost cartoonish. Not really what I was going for, but I've learned sometimes that it's a necessary evil, as an artist, to create something that you dislike. It's sort of like cleansing your creative palette; you have to throw it up and get it out of your system in order to move onto something better. Besides it keeps you humble and keeps your ego in check. It also makes you appreciate the work that you are happy with...that much more. With that said, I'm off to bigger and better things folks! Enjoy your weekend. More posts to come soon, so stay tuned and stay inspired!

No comments: