Monday, June 7, 2010

From the Sketch Book: Cosmos Creative and Scott Boilard


Hello and happy Monday folks! Jeez, I can’t believe it’s been over two weeks since I last posted...sorry about that! Good news is, I've got a lovely new piece of eye candy for you to feast on!

A couple of weeks ago, I was hanging out with my friend and coworker, Scott Boilard, at one of our favorite Worcester hot spots, when I decided that I would contribute to his ever present sketchbook (he takes the thing with him everywhere!). Just as I started to sketch, Scott chimed in with a pencil and before I knew it, we were off on a drawing do si do that culminated in this crazy sci-fi-ish landscape!

I just love how Scott’s shading and lighter line work adds depth and contrast to my heavy black line work to create a truly dimensional piece. Considering the whole process was entirely unplanned, random, and totally intuitive, I think the sketch came out pretty great! What do you think? Leave a comment and let us know! Also, if you care to see more of Scott’s work, be sure to check out his website. As for my work, if you haven’t already checked out the gallery, feel free to do so. Also, you can see more of my sketches here. Happy viewing, enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love it. I think it is so creative. What great combination.