Monday, November 9, 2009

The Sketchbook Project: #3


Hold on to your pants folks, the third sketch to hit the pages of my Moleskine has arrived! Loosely based on an earlier sketch, I did about a year or more ago, this sketch is pretty different from the other two I’ve done already for the book. It has more of a futuristic Sci-Fi element that tends to pop up every now and again in my drawings. It excites me when this happens, because it sort of opens the floodgates for what’s possible; new elements emerge that, like letters in an alphabet, I re-use over and over again throughout succeeding works. I especially like the curvature in the horizon that is happening in this drawing. It reminds me of how the earth’s surface can look from an airplane window…depending on your view, etc. Hope you enjoy it! More sketches to come, hopefully sooner than later, so stay tuned.

No comments: