Thursday, March 17, 2011

From the Sketch Book: #031111 and #030511


Hello and happy St. Patrick's Day folks, I hope this finds you in a prticularly fun mood. I’ve got two new sketches from the sketch book for you today! Despite the fact that I haven't been to the studio in weeks, I have managed to find some time to draw in the comfort of my own living room. Life has gotten the best of me lately and before these two sketches, it had been a while since I last picked up a pen and hit paper. As a result, I don’t think these are as strong as they could’ve been.

Out of the two though, I think I prefer #031111 (top) the most, only because it has an interesting dichotomy happening between the organic and the linear elements. And although there are things that I like about each drawing, the scratchy and loose lines in #030511 (bottom) are driving me a bit crazy; every time I look at the sketch, I want to fix their wobbly stature!

In addition to these two, I did create a couple of other drawings, but I was pretty much repulsed by both of them, so I won't be posting them...and, unless someone digs them out of a box one day (after I’ve left this world) they will never see the light of day. I’m not even sure I signed them. So, there you have it folks, the two sketches that I do like! Feel free to leave me a post and let me your thoughts. There will be more doodles and such to come soon, so stay tuned and stay inspired!

No comments: