Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cosmos Contributes: Hearts for the Arts 2010


Hope this finds everyone in springtime spirits. I’ve got some great news to share with you today! Shown above is my heart…my “Heart for the Arts,” that is. It is one of 50 wooden hearts that will be auctioned off in an event to support the Worcester Public Schools on Friday, March 26th at 5pm.


Although technically, I am not a Worcester area artist, I was invited to participate in this fundraiser thanks to my wonderful coworkers, Michelle and Scott, and their lovely friend Christina, because well…we all work in the Worcester area and we’re all artists. So, to say the least, I am very happy to be apart of this event.


The wooden heart was kindly supplied by the The Worcester Educational Development Foundation. I’ve shown here, a series of photos documenting the process by which I created my heart. Basically, I patched up the knots and holes with some wood filler, painted it white, took a linoleum print/drawing, that I had made previously, and mounted it onto the heart. The print was then cut to the shape of the heart. I know it doesn’t sound that difficult, and it didn’t seem so at first, but in the end, it turned out to be a pretty stressful process. After all, I only had one print and one heart...thankfully no mistakes were made and it came out pretty awesome! Now, I just hope someone wants it ;}

I hope you’ve enjoyed the story behind my heart! If you have the opportunity to attend the event, please do. It supports a great cause and perhaps you’ll even walk away with a heart full of art! So, be sure to check out the details here. Hope to see you there!

Hearts for the Arts
Friday, March 26, 2010
5:00pm - 8:00pm
55 Pearl Street, Worcester, MA

No comments: