Thursday, October 29, 2009

Visual Diary: Ultra Tattoo Classics



Hello all, hope this finds you well, thought I would share a little kitsch with you today: my very own Temporary Tattoo collection! Odd as it may seem, I very much delight in collecting these. And for the record, I don’t collect just any temporary tattoos; they must come from the fifty-cent vending machines that you often find at bowling alleys, arcades, supermarkets and the alike. Whenever I spot one, it’s a necessity that I find fifty cents pronto, even if it means I have to borrow it from a friend, or even cash a dollar! No joke.


My most recent spotting was this past Monday at the DMV…amazing. It made the very long line, I was waiting on, seem that much less hellacious. That day, I scored the Tiger in the bottom right corner…and the others? Well, I can’t really recall. I do have to say though; my absolute favorite in the bunch, is the strawberry and second to that is the Virgin Mary.


Not exactly sure where my passion to collect these came from, I can only assume, it stems from my childhood. As my cousin Karen recently reminded me, I used to collect tiny toys that came from a particular vending machine at a particular arcade that we would frequent as kids at the Jersey shore. I had an entire dresser drawer filled with hundreds of these tiny toys, little plastic guns, playing cards, etc.

Overall, I think it has most to do with the mystery of what you might get, or the excitement that comes with the revelation of what you got. It’s really all about the anticipation and the discovery…besides they’re fun to look at, so enjoy!

1 comment:

Michelle May said...

i love your silly whim, emily. I also love being with you when you get the goods!