Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tintastic: Frank's Mustard


 
 
 
Another fabulous tin from the time capsule...Frank's Mustard. I believe this tin was given to me as a birthday gift from my friend Season. It might actually have been for my 30th, at least, that's how I remember it. Over the years, I've acquired a few tins from Season, and I have to say, she's got good taste in tins ;}

I especially love the simplicity of this tin. It's not often, in today's visually saturated market, especially that of the super market, that we see "white space," or rather in this case, yellow space: an empty spot in a design where the eye can rest and digest what it is seeing. This tin is a lovely example of using "white space" effectively. When we look at it, there is nothing distracting us from the word, "Mustard" we clearly know what we're looking at and what we're buying.

Graphically, I just love the 1950's-60's vibe of this tin. The little red waves that travel accross and around it's surface, the iconic mustard tree encased in an oval, and of course, the wonderful mix of decorative vs. utilitarian type. What a fantastic find...thanks Season! There will be more tintastic finds to come, so be sure to check back soon!

No comments: